This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))
SURGE ART EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS
- By submitting an application, you are agreeing to give SURGE Art the exclusive selling rights to the selected works for a period of 6 months. This only applies to the artworks SURGE Art accepts and does not apply to all artworks submitted.
- The contract will be valid for 6 months from date of submission and SURGE Art or its contracted partners will possess the works for this 6 month period. The artist will not have access to these works for this 6 month period.
- After the period of 12 months expires the artist will be contacted and given the option to take back the art works or resubmit the works for application.
TERMS OF CONTRACT
- The artist may NOT offer to sell any of the artworks accepted by SURGE Art to any other art fair, gallery, online shop or individual for the duration of time illustrated in this agreement.
- SURGE Art guarantees that works available through SURGE Art can not be bought cheaper through other channels. Therefore works of a similar size, style or nature, even if not accepted by SURGE Art, can not be sold for a lower price through any other channels.
- If selected, your artwork may be sold at an art fair, at an event, at a private viewing or via our online shop. SURGE Art has the right to sell your work through any channel for the duration of the agreed period.
- Art works selected must be delivered within 7 days to a specified storage facility. The artist will be notified of the facilities address and details.
- The artist is responsible for packing the art work safely and labeling it according to SURGE Art requirements. All packaging and transportation costs incurred in the delivery of the artwork to the storage facility will be paid for by the artist.
- Artist guarantees that all artwork are in a condition ready to be exhibited or sold, and assumes responsibility for any special exhibition needs. If the artwork is sold, SURGE Art will make arrangements for delivery of the selected artwork to the buyer
- All art works are insured up to a value of 5,000 RMB. Any art works valued above 5,000 RMB are submitted at the artists own risk. Damage to any art works will only be reimbursed up to a maximum of 5,000 RMB.
- Unforeseeable Circumstances: In the event of unforeseeable circumstances, including but not limited to earthquake, hurricane, flood, fire, act of terrorism, etc, if either party is unable to uphold the conditions of this contract, either party will be responsible for informing the other within five working days and both parties will take reasonable measures to reduce losses.
- If either party breaks any of the other terms set out in this contract, they must reimburse losses caused to the other party.
PRICING AND ARTIST COMMISSION
- Artist will receive 60% of sale price. SURGE Art will take a 40% commission of all artwork sales.
- NOTE: If artist lists sale price of an artwork at 10,000 RMB. Artist will receive 6,000 RMB.
- The maximum sale price of any artwork must be no more than 50,000 RMB
- No fees are charged to the artist for submitting or displaying their artwork at the art fair, private viewing or the online shop.
- The artist is responsible for declaring any tax in their country, SURGE Art will not be responsible for paying any tax on behalf of the artist.
- Artist will be paid within 30 days of artwork being sold.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ARTWORK
- All artwork submitted by the artist is guaranteed to be an original and not a copy of another piece of work. If the work is found to be a replica, imitation or copy, the artist is responsible for any legal issues and risks being removed from all future SURGE Art activities.
- SURGE Art will have the final decision on works to be selected. SURGE Art willselect artwork based on style, quality and value.
If you have any further questions, feel free to email us at [email protected]